JK-9704P - JK Wrangler Currectlync Steering System (w/ Flipped Drag Link)
Have you seen the size of your JK’s stock steering? Being pro-active, so you don't get stranded in the wilderness with bent or broken factory steering components, is the smart thing to do for your family's safety. RockJock's Currectlync Steering System for your JK Wrangler or Unlimited is must-have for those who get their Jeeps out in the dirt!
If you have a large lift, if you’ve upgraded the axles in your vehicle, or are just looking for some more clearance - this kit is for you! This kit includes our flipped drag link that mounts to the top of the steering arm, instead of underneath, giving you higher clearance and reduced drag link angle to minimize bump steer. Drilling is required to allow for the insertion of the tapered sleeve included with this drag link.
This steering system features an alloy steel 42mm (1.65 in.) diameter tie rod, 1.3 in. diameter solid forged steel flipped drag link, larger forged, greasable rod ends, premium jam nuts and adjuster, the flipped drag link’s tapered sleeve and the system is painted black, so it's ready for install right out of the box!
Our heavy duty U-bolt style steering stabilizer shock mounting bracket kit is included to allow you to easily reinstall your factory stabilizer shock or an upgraded CE-9170SD1 Rancho RS5000 stabilizer shock. For those running big tires, these components are also compatible with ram assist steering.
This easy to install kit only requires drilling of the one hole, no other modifications or machining to any part of the vehicle are necessary!
On an entirely separate note, if you happen to be overseas and working with a right hand drive vehicle – this kit will bolt directly onto a RHD vehicle in the RHD vehicle’s stock configuration. You would then discard the tapered sleeve that comes in this kit.
- JK Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) - All Models (with stock front differential)
- JK Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) – All Right Hand Drive Models (with stock front differential)
- JK Wrangler (2-door) - All Models (with stock front differential)
- JK Wrangler (2-door) – All Right Hand Drive Models (with stock front differential)
- (1) Tie Rod Assembly
- (1) Flipped Drag Link Assembly
- (1) Tapered Sleeve for Passenger’s Side Knuckle
- (1) Steering Stabilizer Shock Bracket Kit
- Intended for use with 0–6 in. of lift out of the box.
- For use on any factory JK Dana 30 and Dana 44 differentials.
- Can be used on aftermarket Dana 44 differentials that retain the factory outer steering knuckles, or aftermarket knuckles that retain the stock JK taper in the rod end mounting holes.
- Drilling of the passenger’s side knuckle’s drag link hole is required for installation of the tapered sleeve that is included in this kit.
- All 4 rod end tapers are designed to fit the vehicles stock, original taper for ease of installation. If your tapers have been enlarged or drilled out – this will no longer be a bolt-on kit.
- Tie Rod = 42mm (1.650 in.) dia. alloy steel tube with indexed ends for maximum strength
- Tie Rod Ends = 1 1/8 in.-18 RH/LH threads, forged steel
- Drag Link = 1.300 in. dia. forged steel
- Drag Link Ends = 1 1/8 in.-18 RH/LH threads, forged steel
- Drag Link Adjuster Sleeve = 5.080 in. Long x 1 1/8 in.-18 RH/LH threads, forged steel
- Flipped Drag Link Tapered Knuckle Sleeve = fits into a .875 in. hole
- Steering Stabilizer Shock Bracket Plate = 1/4 in. laser cut steel
- A 7/8 in. drill bit is required for installation of this kit (to drill the passenger’s side knuckle’s hole out to allow for installation of the “flipped” drag link’s tapered sleeve).
- Intended for use with 0–6 in. of lift out of the box
- In vehicles with no lift, or smaller lifts, the tips of the drag link ends may require slight trimming to prevent them from touching each other inside the adjuster sleeve
- Do not use this unit outboard of the lift amount requirements outlined above! Deviating from these parameters will cause damage and premature wear to the components!
- You must grease all rod ends via their zerk fittings before use.
- Grease unit with non-synthetic, hi-moly lube grease, such as our CE-9013G
- The Steering Stabilizer Bracket Kit that is included may be used with the stock stabilizer shock, an upgraded CE-9170SD1 Rancho RS5000 stabilizer shock and likely many other aftermarket shocks.
- If you’ll be using this Tie Rod with ram assist, check out our easy to install ram mounting brackets for this tie rod here
- Complete Tie Rod Assembly: JK-9704TR
- Tie Rod Tube (only): JK-9704TR-3
- Tie Rod End (LH thread): JK-9704TR-1
- Tie Rod End (RH thread): JK-9704TR-2
- Tie Rod Adjuster: JK-9704TR-4
- Tie Rod Adjuster Clamp: JK-9704TR-5
- Tie Rod Jam Nut: JK-9704TR-6
- Complete Drag Link Assembly: JK-9704RDL
- Drag Link End (at Pitman Arm, RH thread): JK-9704DL-1
- Drag Link End (long, LH thread): JK-9704DL-R
- “Flipped” Drag Link Tapered Knuckle Sleeve: JK-9704RDLB
- Drag Link Adjuster Sleeve: JK-9704DL-3
- Drag Link Adjuster Clamp: CE-9704DL-4
- Steering Stabilizer Shock Bracket Kit: JK-9703SB
- Rod End Boot (fits all 4 points): JK-9703DLB
- Rod End Nut (fits all 4 points): JK-9704NUT
- Cotter Pin (fits all 4 points): CE-98338A190