CE-9900TJR - TJ/LJ Antirock Rear Sway Bar Kit
RockJock’s Antirock Sway Bar Kit for the rear of all TJ Wrangler and LJ Unlimited vehicles helps free up suspension articulation to increase off-road traction and 4 wheel footing. Additionally, the Antirock attempts to keep the vehicle cabin level to minimize that tipping feeling that the wife is generally opposed to!
The Antirock sway bar easily bolts on with hand tools and is designed to directly replace the vehicle’s stock front sway bar and not require disconnecting for off-road use!
The sway bar is made of 4130 heat treated chromoly for ultimate strength, which is the same quality used in professional off-road competition sway bars.
- TJ Wrangler
- TJ Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
- Sway Bar Torsion Bar (.800 in. diameter)
- Fabricated Steel Frame Brackets
- Forged Chromoly Sway Bar Arms
- Delrin Sway Bar Bushings
- Adjustable Sway Bar End Links
- Weld-On End Link Axle Tabs
- All Required Hardware and step-by-step instructions
- Body Lift - Ideally, this kit installs easiest on vehicles with a 1 in. body lift. It can be used without a body lift, but some minor pinch weld trimming underneath the back of the body tub is mandatory. Additionally, due to the age of TJ and LJ vehicles, we see a lot of the rubber body pucks have deteriorated with time, making the non-body lift installation that much more difficult – but it is possible.
- Body Roll - Antirock sway bar equipped vehicles will exhibit more body roll than vehicles equipped with the stock sway bar. Antirock sway bars may be used on the street, however, they do not provide the same handling characteristics as the stock sway bar.
- Body Trimming - The plastic inner fender liners and, on most models, some of the inner wheelwell sheet metal must be trimmed for Antirock sway bar arm up travel. See the instruction manual for more details.
- End Links - Out of the box, the length of the sway bar’s vertical links that are included in this kit are intended for use with our suspension systems (4 in. lift). Depending upon your specific vehicle’s lift, you may obtain shorter or longer links to suit, here. Additionally, all of the link rods may also be trimmed in length for fine tuning purposes.
- Welding - Installation of this kit requires you to weld the supplied tabs to the rear axle housing, to provide a mounting point for the bottoms of the sway bar links.
- Shock Travel - This kit is intended for use with 12 in. travel shocks.
- Wheel and Tire Clearance - This kit was designed around a 15 in. x 8 1/2 in wheel with a 4 1/2 in. back space and 35 in. x 12.50 in. tires. If what you are installing deviates from these specs., or if stock TJ/LJ wheels are being retained, you will have adjust as necessary, up to and including the use of wheel spacers.
In some tight fitment applications, it may be necessary to purchase these thin nyloc nuts, to be used on the heim joint studs at the end of the arm, allowing you to trim excess heim joint thread off to gain more tire clearance.
- Sway Bar Torsion Bar: CE-9902J
- Fabricated Steel Frame Bracket (LH): CE-9900TJR-BL
- Fabricated Steel Frame Bracket (RH): CE-9900TJR-BR
- Forged Sway Bar Arms (pair): RJ-202001-101
- Delrin Sway Bar Bushings: CE-9901D
- Adjustable Sway Bar Links: CE-99002RD2
- Weld-On Axle Tab: CE-9901G
- Steel Spacer: CE-9900TJR-SP
- Sway Bar Arm Hardware Pack: CE-99005A
- Sway Bar Arm Stickers (included w/ arms): RJ-720301-101
- 1/2 in.-20 x 4 in. Long Hex Bolt: CE-91257A753
- 1/2 in. Flat Washer: CE-H0014
- 1/2 in. Stover Nut: CE-92501A440
- 3/8 in.-16 x 3/4 in. Flanged Hex Bolt, Thread Forming: CE-H0002