The RockJock® Johnny Joint® Adjustable Length Front Trac Bar for the Jeep TJ, LJ, XJ, MJ & ZJ vehicles features a narrow body Johnny Joint rod end at the chassis end and a forged chromoly narrow Johnny Joint at the differential. Johnny Joints provide maximum articulation in extreme off-road situations. The 1 1/4" x .250” wall 4130 chromoly bar is offset at the chassis end Johnny Joint and incorporates precise bends in the interest of pushing the bar as far forward as possible to provide maximum clearance between large differentials and the bar itself.
Drilling is required to accommodate the supplied 5/8” chassis hardware and 1/2" differential. Additional features include zerk fittings at both ends for greasing, gusseting of the Johnny Joint to the bar at the chassis end and a heavy duty flag nut at the differential end.
See notes for fitment parameters with regards to lift amounts!
Finish is semi-gloss black powder coat on the bar and gold zinc plating on the Johnny Joint adjuster end.
- Jeep Wrangler TJ – All Models
- Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited (LJ) – All Models
- Jeep Cherokee XJ – All Models
- Jeep Comanche MJ – All Models
- Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ – All Models
- Johnny Joint Front Trac Bar Assembly
- (2) Rubber Washers (outboard of the Johnny Joint at the differential end to encourage the bar to re-center itself after articulating)
- Closed – 31.562”
- Extended – 33.500”
- Intended to be used with a minimum of 2” of lift
- Under 2” lift with Dana 30 frontends – “may” work but minimal testing has been done
- Under 2” lift with Dana 44 & 60 or 9” Ford style frontends – clearance issues are likely
- Always test fit before drilling!
- Drilling is required to accommodate the new, heavier duty hardware at the chassis and differential ends of this Trac Bar
- Bar is fabricated from 1.25” x .250” wall 4130 chromoly tubing
- Adjuster features 1”-14 RH threads
- Applicable Johnny Joint Tool (differential end): CE-9112T
- Applicable Johnny Joint Tool (chassis end): CE-9110T
- Johnny Joints require non-synthetic, hi-moly lube grease such as our CE-9013G