The RockJock Johnny Joint Differential Housing Kit replaces the rubber front differential housing upper control arm bushings on your Jeep TJ, LJ, XJ, MJ or ZJ vehicle with Johnny Joint rod ends from RockJock, allowing you to get maximum articulation out of your front suspension! If you are using our Johnny Joint control arms, this kit essentially finishes off the package by making all of your control arm mounting points Johnny Jointed and free to articulate.
This kit includes a machined Johnny Joint insert for the driver’s side of the differential, a weld-in (see instructions) “tombstone in. bracket, equipped with a Johnny Joint, that installs on the passenger’s side of the differential, 7/16 in. greasable bolts for both Joints and an installation tool.
RockJock’s Johnny Joints are the original and most durable high-articulation urethane suspension joint on the market. Johnny Joints feature a smooth steel ball that pivots inside a proprietary urethane shell to provide over 30 degrees (per joint) of quiet, shock dampening articulation - without the excessive deflection found in soft rubber-based “flex joints in.. Johnny Joints deliver a smooth, comfortable on-road ride with the ultimate in off-road capability. They are so trusted, that they are used by multiple commercial suspension companies, for both street and off-road suspension systems. Learn more here.
Joints are fully greasable via the zerk fitted bolts. Finish is clear zinc plating on the insert style Johnny Joint and raw, weldable steel on the tombstone bracket.
- Jeep Wrangler TJ – All Models’ Factory Differential
- Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited (LJ) – All Models’ Factory Differential
- Jeep Cherokee XJ – All Models’ Factory Differential
- Jeep Comanche MJ – All Models’ Factory Differential
- Jeep Grand Cherokee XJ – All Models’ Factory Differential
- (1) Machined 2 in. Johnny Joint
- (1) Laser cut “tombstone in. bracket w/ 2 in. Johnny Joint
- (2) Greasable Bolts w/ Hardware
- (1) Installation Tool
- Cutting and welding equipment is required for installation!
- This kit includes 7/16 in. bolts. Stock upper control arm bolts are 10mm. It is uncommon, but possible, depending on what upper control arms your vehicle is equipped with, that you may have to ream your control arm bolt holes out to 7/16 in. with the proper drill bit.
- Johnny Joints require non-synthetic, hi-moly lube grease such as our CE-9013G
- Applicable Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool for these joints: CE-9112T