RockJock® Modular Extreme Duty Steering Rod End Forgings are found incorporated into many of our steering systems, but are also available individually for universal usage when custom steering is being fabricated.
This specific end features 1 1/4" LH threads and, being that this end is generally used at the pitman arm end of a drag link, a 10º vertical bend to prevent the pivoting rod end cartridge from being pre-articulated once the rod end forging is on the angle that drag links generally take.
We offer various rod end cartridges that are able to be installed into this forging (from the top or the bottom) to allow the completed rod end to then bolt into factory JL/JT, factory JK and 1 ton tapers.
- Included Component in our JL-9703DL JL/JT Drag Link
- Included Component in our JK-9703DL JK Drag Link
- Universal Application (most commonly used on tie rods)
- (1) Universal Rod End Forging (LH Thread)
Rod End Specs.:
- Forged 1045 Steel Construction
- Measures 12 1/8” from center of rod end cartridge hole to the end of the tip of the rod end.
- 10º vertical bend to prevent the pivoting rod end cartridge from being pre-articulated once the rod end forging is on the angle that drag links generally take.
- 1 3/4"-12 Thread (where the cartridge installs)
- 3.900" of 1 1/4"-12 LH Thread (where the rod end would thread into a tube)
- Intended for use at the pitman arm end of the drag link.
- Rod end cartridges may be installed from either side of this rod end forging.
- This rod end forging is used on our JL-9703DL & JK-9703DL drag links.
- In our steering parts department, you’ll find the cartridges that fit this rod end, jam nuts, as well as other similar forgings to assist in your custom steering build.
- Finished in gloss black paint.