Curt’s 44 ½” Tow Bar Safety Cable Kit is the smart, safe and in most cases - required by law, way to tow. No matter how far you are planning to drive - down the street or across the state - without safety chains attached, there is a serious risk of danger if your trailer or towed vehicle becomes uncoupled from your trailer hitch.
An alternative to traditional safety chains is Curt safety cables. Safety cables are a medium-duty safety option and are very effective for most standard trailers or towed vehicles. Curt safety cables are coiled so they do not drag on the ground, and they are fitted with safety latches, instead of S-hooks, to prevent them from becoming unhooked even over bumps and rough roads. One unique feature of Curt safety cables is their vinyl coating. Being coated in a vinyl skin keeps these cables well protected from rust, reduces the amount of noise they make and makes them easier to handle. These particular safety cables offer a minimum break force of 5,000 lbs. and measure a total length of 42".
Use Tow Bar Safety Cable Kit With:
- Any / All RockJock Jeep Tow Bar Mounting Kits
- Curt Rambler RV Tow Bar - RJ-70001
- Curt Universal Tow Bar - RJ-19745
- (2) 42” Long Safety Cable Assemblies
- Helps resist complete vehicle-trailer separation during a disconnect
- Features a minimum break force of 5,000 lbs.
- Each cable assembly must meet or exceed gross trailer weight
- Coiled design keeps cables from dragging on the ground
- Vinyl coating protects cables from rust and allows for easier handling
- Assembled with two safety latch hooks for secure attachment
- Hooks protected by a durable zinc-plated finish
- Capacity - Minimum Break Force = 5,000 lbs.
- Finish - Black Nylon
- Length - 42”
- Shipping Weight - 2.10 lbs.
- Warranty - Limited Lifetime (one year finish, one year parts)