CE-9102K2 - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ/ZJ 2WD Front Beam Housing Johnny Joint Kit (7/16 in. Bolts)
The RockJock 2WD Front Beam Housing Johnny Joint Kit replaces the rubber front differential housing upper control arm bushings on your Jeep TJ, LJ, XJ, MJ or ZJ vehicle’s front beam with Johnny Joint rod ends from RockJock, allowing you to get maximum articulation out of your front suspension! If you are using our Johnny Joint control arms, this kit essentially finishes off the package by making all of your control arm mounting points Johnny Jointed and free to articulate.
This kit includes 2 of our tombstone style Johnny Joint assemblies, which are laser cut, 1 in. thick steel weld-in bracket assemblies that install into the factory upper control arm brackets on your beam after cut the tops of the factory brackets off (see CE-9102K instructions for reference). 7/16 in. greasable bolts are included for both Joints.
RockJock’s Johnny Joints are the original and most durable high-articulation urethane suspension joint on the market. Johnny Joints feature a smooth steel ball that pivots inside a proprietary urethane shell to provide over 30 degrees (per joint) of quiet, shock dampening articulation - without the excessive deflection found in soft rubber-based flex joints. Johnny Joints deliver a smooth, comfortable on-road ride with the ultimate in off-road capability. They are so trusted, that they are used by multiple commercial suspension companies, for both street and off-road suspension systems. Learn more here.
Joints are fully greasable via the zerk fitted bolts. Finish is raw, weldable steel.
- TJ Wrangler – All Models’ Factory 2WD Beam Axle
- TJ Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) – All Models’ Factory 2WD Beam Axle
- XJ Cherokee – All Models’ Factory 2WD Beam Axle
- MJ Comanche – All Models’ Factory 2WD Beam Axle
- ZJ Grand Cherokee – All Models’ Factory 2WD Beam Axle
- (2) Laser cut tombstone brackets w/ 2 in. Johnny Joints
- (2) Greasable Bolts w/ Hardware
- Cutting and welding equipment is required for installation!
- This kit includes 7/16 in. bolts. Stock upper control arm bolts are 10mm. It is uncommon, but possible, depending on what upper control arms your vehicle is equipped with, that you may have to ream your control arm bolt holes out to 7/16 in. with the proper drill bit.
- Johnny Joints require non-synthetic, hi-moly lube grease such as our CE-9013G
- Applicable Johnny Joint Assembly/Disassembly Tool for these joints: CE-9112T
- You may use the CE-9102K instruction manual for reference.
- You may use the CE-9102K installation video for reference.
- Complete (single) tombstone bracket with Johnny Joint installed & 7/16 in. Greasable Bolt: CE-9102KBA
- Johnny Joint Rebuild Kit: CE-9112RK
- Johnny Joint Pivot Ball: CE-91122
- Greasable Bolt: CE-91127
- Zerk Fitting (on bolt heads): CE-91127Z